Holiday Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 servings.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Chill Time: 20 min.
- hard-cooked eggs
1/4 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
1 - Tablespoon mustard
2 - Tablespoon avocado, mashed
1 - Tablespoon sweet relish
1/2 - teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 - Tablespoon sour cream
Hot sauce (to taste)
12 - green olive slices with pimentos
- Cut eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Place yolks in 1-quart plastic bag.
Place whites onto a deviled egg tray.
- Take the bag containing the yolks, press out air and mash until yolks
are powder like.
- Add salt, pepper, mustard, avocado, sweet relish,
vinegar, sour cream, and hot sauce into bag with yolks.
- Press out air.
- Close bag.
- Mix ingredients with yolks by kneading bag until blended.
Hold the bag and push filling toward corner.
- Using a pair of scissors, snip about 1/2 inch off corner of bag.
Squeezing bag gently, fill reserved whites with yolk mixture.
- Top each
deviled egg with green olive slices and pimentos.
- Chill to blend
You may prepare Deviled Eggs ahead of time.
When finished, take plastic wrap and cover eggs or place in a plastic
container and seal. For the
picnic, place eggs in a plastic container, seal, and place in ice chest. You may take out of ice chest, just before serving.