Cheese Stuffed Chile Peppers
Makes 4 servings.
packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese
6 eggs, yolks and whites beaten separately
4 Tablespoons flour
- In a
skillet at moderate heat, saute the onions and jalapenos in oil.
- Add the tomato juice and tomato paste, reduce heat to low, and simmer
while you prepare the peppers.
the cheese evenly, one pied for each green chili.
- Drain chilies, put a piece of cheese on each one, and roll up.
- Pin each chili together with a toothpick.
Preheat oven to
- Place the chilies
in skillet at moderate heat.
the egg yolks and flour, and fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Cover each pepper well with this batter and fry in hot cooking oil.
- Baste peppers with cooking oil while frying each pepper on both
- Put into a casserole
dish or iron skillet.
- Cover with sauce
and bake for 45-minutes. Serve
with warm tortillas.
Bake this dish before leaving home. You could bake the night before, then heat in microwave
before leaving. Place hot food
in a thermal container and serve at the picnic or tailgate site. Heat tortillas in microwave and keep warm in thermal
Page 1 of 1