Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Makes 12 to 16 servings
Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
- 1 - package Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 - cup vegetable oil
- 3 - packages (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1-1/2 - cups granulated sugar
- 1 - cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 - large eggs
- 3/4 - cup semi-sweet mini chocolate
- 1 - teaspoon all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously grease
bottom and sides 10-inch spring-form pan.
- Combine cake mix and oil in large
bowl. Mix well.
- Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until set.
Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 450ºF.
- While crust is baking place cream
cheese in large mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer,
adding sugar gradually.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract,
mixing until blended.
- Add eggs, mixing only until
- Toss 1/2 cup chocolate chips with
- Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filling onto crust. Sprinkle with
remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250ºF. and
bake 60 to 65 minutes or until set.
- Loosen cake from side of pan with
knife or spatula. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Remove side of pan.