Bread Pudding with Brandy Sauce
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr.
Preheat oven to 325-degrees F. and butter a 9x13-inch baking
pan or a 1-/2 quart casserole.
1) In a large bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk, milk, brown
sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and butter. Beat
until well mixed.
2) Add bread and gently stir.
3) Add nuts and raisins, if desired.
4) Pour into pan or casserole.
5) Place baking pan in a larger pan of warm water in the oven.
6) Bake for 1 hour or until lightly browned and a toothpick
inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7) In a small saucepan, combine heal-and half, sugar, and
cornstarch. Stir until well mixed.
8) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
comes to a boil and thickens.
9) Remove from heat. Stir in
vanilla and brandy.
10) Serve warm sauce over the warm bead pudding.
Page 1 of 1