Bread Pudding with Blueberry-Lemon Sauce
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (16-ounce) stale French bred
(cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Blueberry-Lemon Sauce (recipe below)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease
9x13-inch baking pan.
In a electric mix at medium speed,
beat sugar and eggs until fluffy.
Add whipping cream, milk, lemon rind,
nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
Fold in bread cubes and blueberries.
Pour into pan and let stand 10
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool
in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Serve with Blueberry-Lemon sauce and
whipped cream (if wanted).
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 ups fresh or frozen blueberries.
In a saucepan over medium heat, Bring
grated lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil.
You want to stir constantly.
Reduce heat and add blueberries and
simmer (keep stirring) for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
Page 1 of 1