Old Time Red Raspberry
Make 8 servings
- 2 - Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 - cup raspberries (reserve a
few berries for garnish)
- 2 - Tablespoon sugar
- 2 - Tablespoon butter
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 5 - Tablespoon butter
- 2 - cup sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1/3 - cup milk
- Whipped cream
Preheat oven 350° F. and grease
and flour 9 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- With the 2 tablespoons flour,
dredge the raspberries and place in baking pan. Sprinkle 2
tablespoons sugar over the raspberries.
- Cut up the 2 tablespoons of
butter and dot the raspberries.
- In a bowl, sift together the
flour, baking powder, and salt. In an electric mixing bowl,
cream the butter and sugar. Add in the egg.
- Then add the flour mixture to
the creamed butter mixture. Slowly stir in the milk. Beat
well. Using a spoon, add the batter – do not pour in.
- Place baking pan in oven and
bake 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream
and a few raspberries as garnish.