No-Crust Pumpkin Pie
Makes 8 servings.
Brown Sugar Topping
1/4 - cup packed brown sugar
1/4 - cup quick-cooking oats
1 - Tablespoon butter, softened
1 - can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 - can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
3 - egg whites
1/2 - cup sugar
1/2 - cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 - teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 - teaspoon baking powder
1/8 - teaspoon salt
2 - teaspoons grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 10-inch pie plate with cooking
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, oats, and butter. Set aside.
- In blender or food processor, add the pumpkin, evaporated milk,
egg whites, sugar, all-purpose flour, spice, baking powder, salt,
and orange peel.
- Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth.
into pie plate.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours
or until chilled.
Making Tips >>
Pennsylvania Dutch Pie Recipes...