Easy and Fresh Apple Pie
Makes 8 servings.
1 - package pie crust mix
1/3 - cup cold water
1/2 - cup sugar
1/2 - cup all-purpose flour
1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
5 - cups thinly sliced peeled apples
1 - Tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Make pie crust mix as directed for 9-Inch Two-Crust Pie, using
1/3 cup cold water--except trim overhanging edge of bottom pastry 1
inch from rim of plate.
- In large bowl, add 1/2-cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add apples and toss.
- Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Roll remaining pastry; cut into 10 strips, each about 1/2 inch
- Place 5 strips across filling in pie plate.
- Weave a
cross-strip through by first folding back every other strip of the
first 5 strips.
- Continue weaving, folding back alternate strips
before adding each cross-strip, until lattice is complete.
- Fold trimmed edge of bottom crust over ends of strips,
building up a high edge.
- Seal and flute.
- Brush lightly with milk.
Lightly sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is
High Altitude (above 3500 ft): Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Making Tips >>
Authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Pie Recipes...