Crisp Blueberry Pie
Makes 8 servings.
1/2 - cup sugar
1/3 - cup all-purpose flour
1/2 - teaspoon. ground cinnamon
4 - cups blueberries
1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
2 - Tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 425º F. Prepare Double-Crust Pastry.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix.
- Stir in
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Sprinkle with lemon
juice and dot with butter.
- Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1/2 inch
from rim of plate.
- Roll other round of pastry.
- Fold into fourths and cut slits so
steam can escape.
- Unfold top pastry over filling and trim
overhanging edge 1 inch from rim of plate.
- Fold and roll top edge
under lower edge, pressing on rim to seal.
- Flute as desired.
edge with 2- to 3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive
- Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice
begins to bubble through slits in crust.
Making Tips >>
Pennsylvania Dutch Pie Recipes...