Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie
- 1 - package (15-oz.) refrigerated pie crusts,
softened as directed on package
3/4 - cup sugar
2 - Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 - teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 - teaspoon salt
1/8 - teaspoon nutmeg
1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
6 - cups (6 medium) thinly sliced, peeled apples
1/3 - cup caramel ice cream topping
2 to 4 - Tablespoons pecans, chopped
Prepare pie crust as directed on package for two-crust pie using
9-inch pie pan.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Then add lemon juice and apples.
- Gently toss to mix.
want to spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust and close
edges and flute.
- Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake at for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust
is golden brown.
- As soon removing pie from oven, drizzle with
caramel ice cream topping.
- Then sprinkle with pecans.