Tangerine Chess Pie
1 (9-inch) pie
Prep Time 12 min
Baking Time: 53 min
- 1 package (15-ounce) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup butter or
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine rind
- 1/3 cup fresh
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, tangerine slices
Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Unfold pie crust and stack pie crusts on a
lightly floured surface.
- Roll into 1 12-inch circle.
- Pit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate
according to package directions. Fold edges under and crimp.
- Bake pie crust for 8 minutes and cool on a
Reduce oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whist together sugar,
flour, salt, cornmeal, butter or margarine, milk, tangerine
rind, tangerine juice, lemon juice, and eggs.
- Pour into piecrust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until center
is set, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foils after 20
minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool on wire rack.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream and
Page 1 of 1