Sugar-Crusted Almond Pastries
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 8 min
Baking Time: 16 min
Cooling Time: 30 min
- 2 - cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner
rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) crescent refrigerated flaky dough
- 1/2 - cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 2 - cups slivered almonds
- 1 1/3 - cups sugar
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll both cans of
dough into 2 large rectangles. Place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan and
press over bottom to form crust. Press perforations to seal.
- If using dough sheets: Unroll both cans of dough.
Place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan and press over bottom to form
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium
- Add almonds and sugar and cook 5 to 8 minutes,
stirring frequently, until nuts just begin to brown.
- Spoon and spread mixture evenly over dough.
- Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep
golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm or cool.
Page 1 of 1