Strawberry-Cream Cheese Pastries
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 18 min
Cooling Time: 10 min
- 1 - package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 - teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 - rolls strawberry chewy fruit snack (from 5-oz box)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2
cans (8 oz each) crescent refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1 - Tablespoon milk
- 2 - Tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar with electric
mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in cream, cinnamon, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Remove fruit snack rolls from wrappers and fold each in half
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8
rectangles, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- If using dough sheets: Unroll both cans of dough; cut into a total
of 8 rectangles.
- Place 1 folded fruit roll lengthwise down center of each dough
- Spoon 2 rounded Tablespoons cream cheese mixture onto one half of
each fruit snack roll; spread slightly.
- Fold dough rectangle in half crosswise.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press edges with fork to seal.
- Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- With sharp knife, cut 3 diagonal slits in top of each square.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on cookie
sheet 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Page 1 of 1