Very Berry Pie
Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 50 min
- 1-1/2 - cups blueberries
- 1-1/2 - cups raspberries
- 1 - cup blackberries
- 1 - cup sugar
- 3 - Tablespoon Tapioca
- 1 - package (15 oz.) ready-to-use refrigerated
pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 - Tablespoon butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix blueberries, raspberries,
blackberries, sugar and tapioca. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepare bottom pie crust as directed on package
for 2-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter.
- Cut second pie crust into 10 (1/2-inch-wide)
strips with pastry wheel or knife.
- Place 5 of the strips over filling.
- Weave lattice crust with remaining strips by
folding back alternate strips as each cross strip is added.
- Fold trimmed edge of lower crust over ends of
strips. Seal and flute edge.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form
bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Substitute 4 cups frozen
blueberries, thawed and drained, for the fresh berries.
Page 1 of 1