Apple-Pear Praline Pie
Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 55 min
Cooling Time: 2 hrs
- 6 - cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples
- 3 - cups thinly sliced peeled pears
- 3/4 - cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - cup ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - box (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts, softened
as directed on box
- 1 - Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 - cups (1 bag - 8 oz) almond brickle or
- 1/2 - cup butter or margarine
- 1 - cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 - cup half-and-half
- 1 - cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, gently toss apples, pears,
granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, the cinnamon and salt. Let stand 15
- Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch deep-dish
glass pie plate; sprinkle lightly with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate;
dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the almond
- Top with second pie crust. Flute edges as
- Cut slits in several places in top crust to allow
steam to escape.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown;
remove pie from oven.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt 1/2 cup
butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and half-and-half. Heat to
boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- Spread sauce over top of hot pie and sprinkle
with remaining almond brickle.
- Cool 2 hours before serving.
Page 1 of 1