Tropical Pineapple Pie
one (9-inch) pie
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 15 + 25 + 5 min
- 1 - (9-inch) unbaked pie crust, pricked
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT
- 1/2 - cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate,
- 3 - egg yolks
- 1 - can (20-ounce) juice-pack crushed pineapple,
well drained and divided, reserving 1/2 cup juice
- 1 - container (8-ounce) sour cream, at room
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Bake pie crust 15 minutes;
remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, beat Sweetened Condensed Milk,
juice concentrate and egg yolks until well blended.
- Stir in 3/4 cup pineapple. Pour into prepared pie
- Bake 25 minutes or until center is set. Top with
- Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and
cornstarch. Gradually add reserved 1/2 cup pineapple juice then
- Over low heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- Spread over pie. Chill thoroughly. Garnish as
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1