Secret Chocolate Strawberry Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooling Time: 3 hrs
- 3 - cups (about 2-1/2 pts.) sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 - cup sugar
- 2 - teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 - package (3 oz.) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 - Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 - cup SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 - Tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 1 - baked 9-inch pie crust, cooled
- 1 - package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Whole strawberries (optional)
Reserve 2 cups sliced strawberries.
- Mash remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries and add enough water to
make 2 cups.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan and stir in
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a
- Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin, butter and lemon juice; stir until gelatin is
- Strain mixture and discard seeds. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons whipping cream in
small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute and stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a
time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when
- Spread chocolate mixture onto bottom of prepared crust; refrigerate
30 minutes or until firm.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream in small
bowl until smooth; spread over chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate filled crust while gelatin mixture is cooling.
- When gelatin mixture is partially set, fold in reserved sliced
strawberries and spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and whole
strawberries, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover pie.
Page 1 of 1