Black Forest Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooling Time: 4 to 6 hrs
- 1 - package (4 oz.) Unsweetened Chocolate Baking
Bar, broken into pieces
- 1 - can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not
- 1 - teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 - cups cold whipping cream
- 1 - baked 9-or 10-inch pie crust, cooled
- 1 - can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, chilled
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Combine chocolate with sweetened condensed milk
in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- Pour into large bowl; cool or refrigerate
thoroughly. Beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream until
stiff. Next, gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until set.
- Serve with pie filling. Garnish with almonds, if
- Cover and refrigerate leftover pie.
Page 1 of 1