Yogurt Berry Pie
Prep Time: 25 min
Baking time: 20 min
Cooling Time: 30 min
Freezing Time: 8 hrs or overnight
- Crust Ingredients:
- 2 - cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 - cup butter, melted
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 - pint fresh strawberries, hulled, chopped
- 1/3 - cup sugar
- 2 - (8-ounce) containers vanilla or strawberry-flavored
- 1 - cup whipping cream
Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs and butter.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch
glass pie pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is evenly browned. Cool 30
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, sugar and yogurt.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks
form for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gently stir into strawberry mixture. Spoon strawberry mixture into
- Cover and freeze until firm (8 hours or overnight).
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- You can substitute other fruits for the strawberries and use
corresponding flavored yogurt in the recipe, such as raspberries and
raspberry yogurt, or chopped fresh peaches and peach yogurt.
- If crust sticks to pie pan when removing wedges, place pie pan in
another pan filled with 1 inch deep hot tap water for 30 to 60 seconds
or until wedges can be removed easily.
Page 1 of 1