Southern Pecan Pie (2)
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking time: 50 min.
- Crust Ingredients
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 1/3 - cup cold butter
- 3 to 4 - Tablespoons cold water
- Filling Ingredients
- 1 - cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 - cup firmly packed brown
- 3 - eggs
- 2 - Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - package (4-ounce) pecan
halves (1 cup)
- Topping Ingredients
- Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped,
sweetened, if desired
Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, you want to combine flour
- Next, cut in butter with pastry blender or
fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in enough water just until flour is
moistened. Shape into ball and flatten slightly.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface
into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters.
- Place dough into 9-inch pie pan and unfold,
pressing firmly against bottom and sides.
- Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan.
- Crimp or flute edge and set aside.
- In a small bowl, you want to combine corn
syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often,
until well mixed. Stir in pecans by hand.
- Pour into crust and bake for 50 to 55
minutes until center is set. Cool completely.
- To serve, top each serving with whipped
cream, if desired.