Fresh Strawberry Pie
Prep Time: 45 min.
Baking Time: 8 min.
Chilling Time: 3 hrs.
- Crust Ingredients
- 2 - cups crushed shortbread
- 1/3 - cup butter, melted
- Filling Ingredients
- 2 - containers (16-ounce) (6
cups) strawberries, hulled
- 1 - cup sugar
- 3 - Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- Garnish Ingredients
- Aerosol Whipped Heavy Cream,
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, you want to mix
shortbread cookies and butter in small bowl.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of
ungreased 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes and cool
- While the crust bakes, you want to
mash 1 cup strawberries with fork.
- Place into 2-cup glass measuring
cup and add water to equal 1 1/3 cups.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine
sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in mashed strawberry mixture.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 15 to 20 minutes
or until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute and remove from
heat. Stir in vanilla and salt and cool 10 minutes.
- You want to fill cooled crust with
remaining strawberries and pour cooked strawberry mixture over
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours
or until mixture is thickened (at least 3 hours).
- Garnish with whipped cream, if
desired. Keep in refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1