- package (16 ounces) frozen blackberries, defrosted, or 3 cups
fresh blackberries, stemmed and washed
- cup sugar
- cup water
- cup low fat or skim milk
- cup drained yogurt
- cup nonfat dry milk
- Tablespoon black currant liqueur, or Triple Sec or orange juice
- In a blender or food processor,
process the blackberries. Place in a strainer and push through
juice and fruit, discarding seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine
sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and
cook for 3 to 4 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and allow to
cool, or place saucepan in a larger bowl of cold or ice
- In blender or food, processor,
combine cooled sugar mixture, blackberry puree and remaining
- Process until smooth and
- Chill in refrigerator until
ready to freeze.
- Blend for a few seconds before
pouring into the ice cream maker.
Freeze according to