Piña Colada Sorbet
Makes 3 servings.
1 - can (15-1/2 ounce) Pineapple In Heavy Syrup
2-1/2 - Tablespoon well-chilled coconut milk
1/2 - Tablespoon rum or 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- Place unopened can of fruit in freezer until solid (approx. 24
hours. Can may bulge slightly).
- Submerge unopened frozen can in very hot tap water for 1
- Open can and pour any thawed syrup into food processor
- * Remove frozen fruit from can; carefully cut into 8 chunks.
- Into food processor, add frozen fruit chunks.
- Then add coconut
milk and rum.
- Process until smooth, scraping blade as needed.
- Serve immediately or spoon into freezer container and freeze
until ready to serve.
Not recommended for blenders or mini food processors.
Cream Making Tips
- To double recipe, process in 2 separate batches.
- For firmer
Sorbet, freeze 1 to 2 hours prior to serving.