Bittersweet Chocolate Mocha Sorbet
Makes 1 quart.
- ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Tablespoon vegetable oil
- cup water
- cup sugar
- Tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- cup light corn syrup
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate in a microwave on MEDIUM
or in the top of a double boiler.
- Stir in oil when chocolate is
completely melted and smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and
sugar to boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve the
- Stir in coffee.
- Combine warm melted chocolate with hot
water mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a blender; add corn syrup,
vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready
- Blend for a few seconds before pouring
into the ice cream maker.
Freeze according to
Cream Making Tips