Mocha Toffee Ice Cream
Makes ten 1/2-cup
- cup whole milk, well chilled
- cup granulated sugar
- Tablespoons instant espresso
- Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- cups heavy cream, well chilled
tsp. pure vanilla extract
- cup English toffee bits
- In a medium bowl, add the milk,
granulated sugar, espresso powder, and cocoa.
- Whisk until dissolved, about 1
to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and
- Cover and refrigerate until
ready to make ice cream.
Freeze according to manufacturer's
- Add the toffee bits during the
last five minutes of mixing.
- The ice cream will have a soft
- If desired, transfer the ice
cream to an airtight container and place in freezer until firm,
about 2 hours to “ripen.”