Alanís Homemade Ice Cream
24 (1/2-cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Chilling Time: 2 hrs.
- 4 - cups milk
- 1-1/2 - cups sugar
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 5 - eggs
- 2 - pints (4 cups) Heavy Whipping
- 1 - Tablespoon vanilla
- In a 3-quart saucepan, add milk,
sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until sugar is dissolved (6 to 11 minutes).
- Beat eggs in large bowl until
light and lemon-colored.
- Gradually stir hot milk mixture
into beaten eggs with wire whisk.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until egg mixture reaches 160įF and is thick enough
to coat back of metal spoon (7 to 10 minutes). (Do not boil
because egg yolks will curdle.)
- Pour cooked mixture into clean
bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (1 to 2 hours).
- Stir whipping cream and vanilla
into chilled egg mixture with wire whisk.
- Pour into ice cream canister.
Freeze in ice cream maker according
to manufacturer's directions.