Easy Chocolate Cherry Fudge
About 4 dozen pieces
- 1/3 - cup finely chopped
maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 - cup (1 stick) butter
- 3-2/3 - cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 - cup Hershey’s Cocoa or
Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/4 - cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 - cup pecan pieces
- 1 - teaspoon almond extract
- Maraschino cherry halves, well
- Slivered almonds (optional)
Line 8-inch square pan with
foil. Lightly press chopped cherries between layers of paper towels
to remove excess moisture.
- Place butter in medium
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1
minute or until melted; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa and
evaporated milk until well blended.
- Microwave at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes;
- Microwave at HIGH an additional
30 seconds at a time, until mixture is hot, slightly thickened
and smooth when stirred. Do NOT boil.
- Stir in chopped cherries, pecans
and almond extract.
- Spread mixture into prepared
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove foil; cut into squares.
- Garnish with cherry halves and
slivered almonds pressed lightly onto fudge, if desired.
- Serve cold; refrigerate leftover