Makes 24 cupcakes
Prep Time: 35 min.
Baking Time: 20 to 25
Cooling Time: 40 min.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup
- 1 cup miniature semisweet
- 1 container (1 lb) Rich & Creamy vanilla
- Assorted colors decorating icing (4.25-oz tubes) or Easy
Flow decorating icing (6.4-oz cans)
- Assorted food colors
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F (325-degrees F for
dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24
1) Make cake batter as directed on box--except
gently stir chocolate chips into batter.
2) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups
(about 2/3 full).
3) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.
4) Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan to
5) Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
6) Decorate as desired below.
7) Store cupcakes loosely covered at room
Baseballs: Frost cupcakes with
vanilla frosting. With black, red or blue icing, pipe 2 arches on
opposite sides of cupcakes, curving lines slightly toward center.
Pipe small lines from each arch to resemble stitches on a
Basketballs: Color frosting
with yellow and red food colors to make orange; frost cupcakes.
With black icing, pipe line across center of cupcake. On either
side, pipe an arch that curves slightly toward center line.
Soccer Balls: Frost cupcakes
with vanilla frosting. With black icing, pipe a pentagon shape in
the center of cupcake, piping a few rows of icing into center of
pentagon. Pipe lines from pentagon to edge of cupcake to resemble
seams. With toothpick or spatula, spread black icing in center of
pentagon to fill in the entire shape.
Tennis Balls: Color frosting
with yellow and green food colors to make tennis-ball yellow;
frost cupcakes. With white icing, pipe curved design to resemble
Page 1 of 1