Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layered Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
Prep Time: 35 min
Baking Time: 30 min.
Cooling Time 30
- 1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1 cup
packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup
Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 package
(8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Place paper baking cup in
each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda
- Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture,
stirring just until smooth (do not overmix).
- In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut
butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium
speed until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup.
- Evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on
top. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in
center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack
and cool 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.
Page 1 of 1