Banana Cupcakes with Browned Butter
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 18 min
Cooling Time: 30 min
- 1 - box (15 oz) Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 1 - cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/3 - cup butter, melted*
- 1/3 - cup water
- 3 - eggs, beaten
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 - cup butter*
- 3 - cups powdered sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 - Tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350�F. Place paper baking cups
in each of 17 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, stir cake mix, bananas, butter,
water, eggs, and vanilla just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool
completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/3 cup butter over
medium heat just until light brown, stirring occasionally. (Watch
carefully because butter can burn quickly.) Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar,
vanilla and enough milk until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
*Do not use margarine or vegetable oil spreads.
Page 1 of 1