Teddy Bear Cupcakes
Prep Time: 35 min
Baking Time: 18 min
Cooling Time: 40 min
- 1 - box yellow cake mix
- 1 - cup water
- 1/2 - cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 - eggs
- 1 - container whipped chocolate frosting
- 1/3 - cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 - cup honey-flavor dry-roasted peanuts,
- 48 - teddy bear-shaped graham snacks
- 24 - birthday candles
Preheat oven to 350�F (325�F for dark or
nonstick pans). Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, peanut
butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl
occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean and tops spring back when touched
lightly in center.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling
rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the frosting. Spread
remaining frosting over tops of cupcakes.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with 1/2 teaspoon each
chocolate chips and peanuts. Press gently into frosting.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon reserved frosting on
flat sides of 2 graham snacks.
- Place candle between frosted sides of graham
snacks; press gently together.
- Repeat with remaining snacks, frosting and
- Place on cupcakes, pressing candles slightly
into cupcakes to hold in place.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 1
1/4 cups, decrease peanut butter to 1/3 cup. Bake 18 to 21 minutes.
Makes 30 cupcakes.
Page 1 of 1