Banana-Toffee Picnic Cupcakes
Do you have ripe bananas? Mix them into cupcakes
that are so good, they don't need frosting.
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 25 min
- 1 - box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 - cup water
- 1/3 - cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 - teaspoon almond extract
- 3 - eggs
- 1 - cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 - cup toffee bits*
Preheat oven to 350�F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24
regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, almond extract and eggs
with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add bananas; beat until smooth.
Stir in toffee bits.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove
from pans to cooling racks.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375�F. Bake about 20
*Substitution: stir in 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips in
place of the toffee bits, or to be really indulgent, toss in a half cup
Alan's Kitchen Tip
To ripen bananas, keep them uncovered at room temperature. To speed
the process, place bananas in a perforated brown paper bag with a ripe
Page 1 of 1