Double Chocolate Frosted Flakes�
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes�
(finely crushed) or 2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Gold? cereal
- 1/3 - cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 - cup milk
- 1/3 - cup butter or margarine
- 1 - egg, slightly beaten
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 - cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 - cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350� F. In twelve 2 1/2-inch
muffin-pan cups lined with paper or foil bake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking
powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan cook cereal, cocoa, milk
and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture
starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir
in egg and vanilla.
- Portion dough into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan
- Sprinkle tops with chocolate morsels and
walnuts (if desired).
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Page 1 of 1