Lemon Creme Cupcakes Made Easy
A twist of citrus and a surprise creamy inside make
this starry cupcake heavenly.
Prep Time: 35 min
Total Time: 1 hour 40 min
- 1 - box Betty Crocker� SuperMoist� yellow or lemon cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 - cup Betty Crocker� Whipped vanilla frosting (from
- 1/2 - cup marshmallow cr�me
- 1 - container (12 ounces ) Betty Crocker� Whipped butter
- 2 - teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 - teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 - cup Betty Crocker� star decors
- Preheat oven to 350�F (325�F for dark or nonstick pans). Make
and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water,
oil and eggs.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool
completely, about 30 minutes.
- By slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and
forth, make deep, 3/4-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each
cupcake, not quite to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in cupcake to make
opening large enough).
- In small bowl, mix filling ingredients. Spoon into small
resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off
one bottom corner of bag.
- Insert tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to
- In medium bowl, stir together 1 container butter cream frosting,
the lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with stars.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions for
cupcakes on cake mix box.
Page 1 of 1