Browse Recipe Index
Looking for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Backyard Gatherings, Picnics,
or Tailgating Ideas?
Mr. Wizard's Candy Bar Cupcakes
30 (2-1/2 dozen) cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking time: 25 min.
Cooling Time: 15 min.
- Cupcakes Ingredients
- 2 - cups sugar
- 1 - cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 - cup Butter, softened
- 2 - eggs
- 1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 - cup water
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 1 - cup real semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 - cup chopped peanuts
- 4 - squares (1-ounce) unsweetened
baking chocolate, melted
- Topping Ingredients
- 1 - cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 - cup chopped peanuts
Preheat oven to 350�F.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, sour
cream, butter and eggs. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl
often, until smooth.
- Continue beating, gradually adding
flour, water, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla until
- Stir in chocolate chips, peanuts
and unsweetened chocolate by hand until well mixed.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter
into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top
springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove cupcakes from pans; cool 10
to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon caramel topping
onto each cupcake and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Alan�s Kitchen Tip:
Refrigerate cupcakes if you prefer a firmer caramel topping.
Page 1 of 1