Prep Time: 25 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr 30 min.
- 1 - box (4-serving size) vanilla
instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1-1/2 - cups whipping cream
- 1/4 - cup fresh Key lime or regular
- 4 - drops green food color
- 1-1/2 - cups powdered sugar
- 1 - box yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called
for on cake mix box
- 1 - container Whipped fluffy white
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh Key lime or
regular lime juice
- 1/2 - teaspoon grated Key lime or
regular lime peel
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and
whipping cream with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Beat in 1/4 cup lime juice and the
food color; stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350�F (325�F for dark
and nonstick pans).
- Make and cool cake as directed on
box for 24 cupcakes.
- Spread 1 rounded tablespoonful
filling on top of each cupcake.
- Stir frosting in container 20 times.
- Gently stir in 1 tablespoon lime
juice and the lime peel.
- Spoon frosting into 1-quart
resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Cut 1/2-inch opening across lower
corner of bag.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon frosting from
bag onto filling on each cupcake.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedge if
- Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow
High Altitude cake mix directions for cupcakes.