Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
- 1 - cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - cup (3 ounces) semi-sweet
- 1/4 - cup butter or margarine,
melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 - cup milk
Sugar Glaze (recipe below)
Sugar Crystals (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 375�F. Grease 12
muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, flour,
baking powder and salt.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- In 1-cup glass measure, place cooled
butter, vanilla, eggs and enough milk to make 1 cup.
- Add to flour mixture and beat until
- Pour into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and frost with Powdered Sugar
Glaze and decorate with colored sugar, if desired.
- 2 - cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 - Tablespoons milk, water or fruit
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium, bowl, add powdered
sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Makes enough frosting for 12
- Various colors of sugar crystals may
be purchased at the grocers or cake decorating stores.
- To make, add one or two drops of
food color to Granulated Sugar and blend in with back of spoon.