Black Forest Banana
Makes 24 serving
Prep time: 20 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
- 1 - package (8 ounces) light cream
- 1-3/4 - cups sugar, divided
- 1 - egg
- 1/3 - cup candied cherries, chopped
- 1/4 - cup miniature semisweet
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 - cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 2 - large, ripe bananas, mashed
(about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 - cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 - cup water
Preheat oven to 350�F. Line 24
muffin cups with paper liners. Lightly coat with vegetable spray.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and egg; beat
- Stir in cherries and chocolate
pieces; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cocoa,
baking powder and remaining 1-1/2 cups sugar .
- Add bananas, oil and water; stir
until well blended.
- Spoon chocolate mixture evenly into
24 muffin cups lined with paper cupcake cups.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream
cheese mixture into center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; let cool completely
on wire rack.