Easter Basket Cupcakes
Makes about 33 cupcakes
- 2 - cups sugar
- 1-3/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 - cup Hershey's Cocoa or Hershey's
Special Dark Cocoa
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - cup milk
- 1/2 - cup vegetable oil
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - cup boiling water
- 1 - can (16 ounces) creamy vanilla
- 3-3/4 - cups Mounds Sweetened Coconut
Flakes, (tinted) *
- Assorted Hershey's Easter Candies
(Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, Cadbury's Mini Eggs Candy, Hershey's
Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs, Hershey's Mini Robin Eggs, Hershey's
Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates)
- 33 - Twizzlers Strawberry Twists
Preheat oven to 350�F. Line muffin cups
(2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa,
baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat
on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make Easter baskets, frost each
cupcake with vanilla frosting. Immediately make "nest" on
top of each cupcake with tinted coconut; place assorted candy in
** For handle, insert wooden pick in each
end of strawberry twists; press down into each side of each cupcake,
bending to form handle.
* NOTE: To tint coconut, combine several
drops green food color with 3/4 teaspoon water; add to 1-1/2 cups coconut.
Stir until evenly tinted. Repeat using blue, pink or yellow food color.
** Adults should supervise children when
preparing this recipe. Remove wooden picks before serving.
Page 1 of 1