Prep Time: 15 min.
Refrigerate: 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 min. per batch
- 2-1/2 - cups flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 - teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 - cup (2 stick) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 - cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 - egg
- 2 - teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
Emerald Isle Icing:
- 13 - drops green food color
- 2 to 3 - teaspoons milk
- 1/2 - cup confectioners' sugar
- Mix flour, baking soda, cream of
tartar and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl
with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually
stir in flour mixture until well mixed.
- Refrigerate dough about 1 hour or
Preheat oven to 375�F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured
surface* to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out dough with shamrock cookie
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly
brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool
- For the Icing, mix green food color
and milk. Add confectioners' sugar, stirring until color is evenly
distributed and icing is smooth.
- To decorate cookies, hold cookie by
its edge and dip top of cookie into icing. (Or spoon the icing onto
cookie using a teaspoon.) Place glazed cookies on wire rack set over
foil-covered baking sheet to dry.