Peanut Butter Cups & Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Makes 5 dozen cookies.
3/4 - cup Cocoa
2 - eggs
1-1/4 - cups butter, softened
1-2/3 - cups (10-oz. package) Peanut Butter Chips
1 - teaspoon baking soda
2 - cups all-purpose flour
2 - cups sugar
2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl with mixer, add the butter and sugar.
- Beat until
- Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat.
- Gradually add
flour mixture and beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be
- They will puff while baking and flatten while
slightly about 1 minute ad remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Allow to cool completely.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft):
Increase flour to 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons.
Decrease baking soda to 3/4 teaspoon.
Decrease sugar to 1-2/3 cups.
Add 2 teaspoons water with flour mixture.
Bake at 350°F, 7 to 8 minutes. Yield increases to about 6