- 10 - ounces 60% Cacao Bittersweet
Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/2 - cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 - cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 4 - large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 - cups unsifted flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon espresso powder
- 11-1/2 - ounces Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 - cup pecans (or walnuts), coarsely
- Melt bittersweet chocolate bar (broken
into pieces) in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Beat butter and sugars together on
medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer down to lowest speed, add
eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour,
baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- Add half of the flour mixture to
creamed butter, stirring after each addition.
- Add half of the melted chocolate.
- Stir until ingredients are well
- Add remaining flour, stirring
completely; add remaining chocolate.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drop 2 tablespoonful of dough per
cookie onto non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes. (Adjust baking
time accordingly for smaller cookies.)
- Remove cookies to wire rack.
- Store in airtight container at room
temperature or in freezer for longer storage.