Prep Time: 30 minutes
Refrigerate: 2 hours
Cook Time: 8 minutes per batch
- 1 - cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 - cups sugar
- 2 - teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract OR
Premium Imitation Vanilla Extract
- 2-3/4 - cups flour
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Beat butter in large bowl with
electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add 1-1/2 cups sugar, cream of tartar,
baking soda and salt; beat until well blended, scraping side of bowl
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until
- Refrigerate dough about 2 hours or
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in additional sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.