Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch
- 1-1/2 - cups flour
- 1/4 - teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 - cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter,
- 1/2 - cup granulated sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 1 - teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 - cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 - cups (1/2 stick) butter,
- 1 - cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 - teaspoons milk
- 1/4 - teaspoon Imitation Rum Extract
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, add flour and nutmeg
and mix. Set aside.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and granulated
sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until
- Stir in nuts.
- If needed, refrigerate 30 minutes or
until dough is easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 1 inch apart on baking
- Make an indent in center of each ball
with thumb. (Refrigerate remainder of dough while baking each batch of
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar;
beat until fluffy.
- Beat in milk and rum extract.
- Pipe or spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into
center of each cooled cookie.
- Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if