Butter-Nut Chocolate Cookies
About 2-1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine,
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 30 Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in
medium bowl until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and
salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. If necessary, refrigerate dough
until firm enough to handle.
- Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in
ground nuts. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no
imprint remains when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from oven; immediately press a
chocolate piece into center of each cookie.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet to
wire rack. Cool completely.
- Chocolate should be set before storing.
Page 1 of 1