Cook Time: 12 minutes per batch
- 1-3/4 - cups flour
- 1/3 - cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 3/4 - cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1-1/4 - cups sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 2 - teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 - cup chopped dried or maraschino
Preheat oven to 350°F. and grease baking
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar,
baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with
electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until
- Stir in chopped cherries.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto greased
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.