Peanut Butter Chip Tassie Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
Time: 15 min.
Chilling Time: 1 hr.
Baking Time: 20 to 25
package (3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)
- 1 cup
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Peanut Butter
- 9 red
cherries , quartered (optional)
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (recipe below, optional)
Cookie Recipe Directions:
1) In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and
1/2 cup butter and add flour, stirring until well blended.
2) Cover and refrigerate for about one hour
or until dough is firm.
3) Shape into 24 one-inch balls and place
each ball into ungreased, small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in
4) Press dough evenly against bottom and
sides of each cup.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
5) In small bowl, combine egg, sugar, melted
butter, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
6) Add chopped peanut butter chips and fill
muffin cups 3/4 full with mixture.
7) Place muffin cups in oven and bake for 20
to 25 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned.
8) Cool completely; remove from pan to wire
rack. Garnish with candied cherries or CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE, if
1) In a small microwave-safe bowl, place
SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Milk
Chocolate Chips and shortening.
2) Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds;
3) If necessary, microwave an additional 10
seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are
melted and smooth when stirred.
* Do not chop peanut butter chips in food processor