Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
about 15 filled cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 11 min
- 1/2 cup shortening
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups al-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
Crème Filling (see recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat shortening,
sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, cocoa,
baking soda, and salt.
- Add alternately with milk to shortening
mixture, beating until mixture is well blended.
- Using a teaspoon, drop dough onto
ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or just until
cookies are soft-set (do not over-bake.)
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie
sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread bottom of one cookie with about
1-Tablespoon Crème Filling and cover with another cookie.
Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
or margarine, softened
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup marshmallow crème
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat butter and
shortening until blended.
- Gradually beat in marshmallow crème.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat to spreading consistency.
Page 1 of 1