about 4-1/2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 10 min
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon cream of tartar
teaspoon baking soda
package (6-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate chips (1-cup), melted
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine 1-1/2
cups powdered sugar and butter.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl,
often, until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, cream
of tartar and baking soda.
- Continue beating, scraping bowl often,
until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls into ropes and shape into
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
(Cookies do not brown.)
- Cool completely. Dip half of each
cookie into chocolate. Sprinkle remaining half with powdered
- Refrigerate until set.
Page 1 of 1