Kid's Bug Cookies
about 20 cookies
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup diary sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1 square (1-ounce) unsweetened
chocolate, melted and cooled
- Assorted nuts
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In an electric mixer bowl, beat margarine on low to medium speed
about 30 seconds or until softened.
- Add about half of the flour, sugar, brown sugar, sour cream, egg,
vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat on low to medium speed until thoroughly combined, scraping the
sides of the bowl often.
- Then, beat or stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half
- Stir cooled chocolate into one half. (if dough is sticky, cover and
chill about 2-hours.)
- To form bugs, drop vanilla and chocolate dough by rounded teaspoon
onto ungreased cookie sheets so that mound of dough just touch.
- Keep bugs 3-inches apart.
- Decorate as buts with nuts, raisins or little blobs of dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until vanilla part of cookie is golden.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack.
Page 1 of 1